A brie history: Sataranci is a thick cotton carpet. Once upon a time Rangpur was famous for Sataranci. That Sataranci was so famous that it is emperor such as Akbar also used it. This Sataranci was devoid from mechanical use.it is made only with bamboo and its shape is geomitrical. Village people made this by their own design.once upon a time the Sataranci of this area was sold in India,Pakistan, Indonesia,Sri lanka,thailand,and malayeshiya and many others countries of the world. by being inspired of this many people of INDIA and Pakistan made Sataranci and export it to other countries and earned many foreign money.in 1830 British collector Mr. Nishbet working in rangpur invest for doing well for this culture. That's why a villageo of rangpur filled with this culture was named nishbet polli.
The lanlord of pirgacha sub district norendro narayan son of raghabendra narayan died in 1765 without any legacy. Then the wife of the died landowner Joydurga manage the landlord for three decades. This Joydurga is popularly known as Devi Chowdhurani in history.in the time of Sonnasi Bidroho (Sannasi revolution) she keep peace with Vobani Pathok and war against English. In this insurgency collector Richard Gudland and army commander lieutenantbrenan got feared and forfeit the landlord of Devi Chowdhurani. This time Devi Chowdhurany Levant her self for some days. After that time she again came to manage the landlord and she manage it for 1791. Now all of the building of it damaged . Only the pond is also now there.
Kellaband Mosque is situated at C.O. Bazar on the north of Rangpur-Dinajpur Highway 02 km north-west of Rangpur town. This three-dome mosque is about 200 years elderly. A concrete well & an ancient cemetery are lying beside the mosque.
Brief history of Mathapukura Mosque : The mosque is oblong size and it has three domes.its volume is about 10.66m*4.11m. in-front of this masjid beside the surrounded yard there is a entrance door which is made by Bangladeshi local culture. There are also 4 corner tower which is higher than the corner of the roof and finished as a size of kiupola. by dividing the oblongate mosque in three parts with 2 literal vault here it is 3 made semi round domes. 3 mirhab,the in-front wall, para-pate wall,and the drums of the domes all r designed with beautiful panel,spinach,flower, geometrical sizes and as hoods of snake.from the inscription of the wall it is known that the masjid was made by sheikh mohammad asher son of Sheikh Mohammad saber in 1226 hijri (1801).
Location: From Mithapukor pond about half km distance in the side of Rangpur-Mithapukur road it is situated.